Please come enjoy our free fiddlekids fiddle concert. It's always a sweet and incredible show of young fiddlers playing their recently learned tunes. Only happens once a year, and we'd love to have you join us in celebrating our 15th fiddlekids anniversary!
It's inspiring to witness what these youngsters learn in a single week of immersion in various forks of fiddle music. You'll heard bluegrass fiddle, traditional American old-time, Irish, Scottish, Swing and jazz fiddling. The children will perform the dances they learned at camp. And the lovely artwork they created during the week will be on display. This is a wonderful concert for anyone interested in learning fiddle music—particularly children and young violinists.
fiddlekids is a week-long summer fiddle day-camp, and a yearly part of our music education program. It's open to young fiddlers and violinists ages 7 through 14, with at least one year of playing under their belt. Previous fiddling experience not required. This year camp runs Monday through Friday June 18 through June 22, and includes the Saturday fiddle concert extravaganza. Don't miss it!
The fiddlekids camp staff perform on stage with the kids. This year's fiddle instructors are:
- John Blasquez: fiddlekids head teacher, bluegrass/old-time veteran, and local fiddle teacher
- Julian Smedley: swing-jazz fiddle ace
- Caroline McCaskey: fabulous genre-leaper and Scottish fiddle expert
- Karen Celia Heil: Old-time fiddler and instinctual instigator!
- Erik Hoffman: dance instructor, concierge, fiddler, multi-instrumentalist
- Deanne Burke: art instructor
fiddlekids main page